Campaigns end. Revolutions endure.
Here are more details on creating your Vision for America page:
- You have an open canvas to work with. You can have as much text and images as you like (within reason of course). Your page will only have the site-wide top and bottom menus; by default there is small whitespace border.
- You can start with a single page and then expand to create a mini-site or blog within the site.
- Almost all standard 'embedded' web features can be included such as a Facebook comment form (included by default), social media feed or video.
- The general focus of this site, and specifically the Voices pages, is targeted for the United States 'community', and is a working model for the Vision for Earth initiative which seeks to offer a platform for the entire world.
- A proof of your page will be sent before publishing.
- You can create a page for personal use, as well as on behalf of an organization you belong to.
- You will need to verify your identity such as through through a public source such as a profile on Facebook or Twitter.
- There is no fee or charge to create a page. This effort is funded exclusively by citizen donations to remain independant.
- Your page(s) will be promoted on the home page of Vision for America, and on any relevant category. This includes a graphic banner.
- Your page will also be promoted on the Vision for America's social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- A marketing program is being assembled to advertise this effort, and promote specific pages. Stay tuned!
With the content of your page ready, there are four items you'll need:
- A short title for your page. This is used in varying ways such as in search results, Facebook shares and within the VFA site (such as with a banner graphic that promotes your page). It needs to be short (under 50 characters) because of standard web display space (specifically Facebook's title area).
- A longer title, subtitle or description that is in sentence form. This item will also be included in search results, as well as being optional text to use in promoting your page.
- A list of keywords or category tags. This is also a part of search results. Please keep the list tidy and relevant to what your page is about. For example keywords for this page would be: "vision for america, democracy, citizen voices." [Include the list in the format like this with commas for each keyword or search term.]
- Your page address on VisionForAmerica.com. Everyone will have their own dedicated site directory such as visionforamerica.com/YourName. (Your personal or public name will be created by default if you don't specify something else.)
How to send in your page's content:
You will just need a program that edits html; we highly recommend Brackets which is free on Windows and Mac. More details and specific instructions are included in the template below.
HERE IS THE HTML TEMPLATE:Download: ZIP | HTML (right/control click to 'save as')
NOTE: If you are not able to read a 'THANK YOU' note at the very top, then you are not using an html editor. A good way to gauge how the code formatting will look for your own page to compare it to the live version in a browser. [Very soon a way to completely preview your page offline will be available.]
For those who edit pages directly, after a first publication your own FTP account can be made available to directly upload to your directory.
A guideline for creating graphics is coming soon. Please use any existing Voices page as an example for now. Once your page is ready, use the submit form below and we'll respond back with a proof of your page.
If you would like professional assistance in creating your page for a small donation Earthwaves Media can with code/formatting or designing custom graphics.
As this effort moves forward and funding comes in via public donations we strive to make a much more user-friendly system. But learning even some basic html can be useful in these modern times -- and might even be fun! If you have any questions, you can also use the form below.
Thank you for being a part of what we hope will be an inspiring effort!